cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS I vs II

coachboz68
Enthusiast

I've owned the 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS I for close to 10 years with the predominant use case of shooting sports on a 7D Mark I.  I'm now moving to college sports and am working on generally trying to "raise my game" a few notches along the way.   I bought the 1DXII body and have been amazed by its capabilities.  It is still FAR more capable than its owner!  I shoot mostly indoor fast-action sports, accompanied by tough lighting and difficult AF Tracking situations. 

Having read many of the technical reviews on the 70-200mm I vs II, I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who have used both in real-world settings.  For those that have, knowing what you know now, was your upgrading from I to II a good choice in hindsight?  I understand that is a question that leads to very subjective answers, but it's that subjectivity that interests me at the moment.  

Thanks! 

20 REPLIES 20

" I am noticing the photos seems to have a strong blue casting shade."

Easy to test !  Go out side on a nice sunny day set the camera to  WB to daylight and ISO 100.  Do some shots and look at them.  Remember your monitor could be off so you may want to use a couple different ones.  Maybe a friend?

Also, remove any filter you may have on the lens for this test.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements