cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon refurbished lenses

John_SD
Whiz

I have been keeping my eye on the Canon site for refurbished lenses. Most (that's most, not all) lenses seem to be out of stock, and it has been that way for months now. They seem to not be replenishing their supply for some reason. Nealry everything on pages 3 thru 6 have been out of stock. Any info on this?  

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, John_SD!

We can understand your concern and we'll be glad to elucidate. The majority of our inventory of refurbished gear consists of merchandise that has been returned by dealers for any number of reasons. Upon receiving this merchandise, our technicians thoroughly test each item.

Since refurbished gear is not explicitly manufactured and is mostly dependent on dealer returns, we're unable to specify when or even if we'll get any additional inventory on a given item.

If you have your eye on a given item, we recommend checking the Canon USA direct store on a regular basis to see whether that item has become available. Keep in mind that the combination of high demand and a price lower than the regular MSRP can cause these items to sell very quickly.

We hope this helps!

@Danny wrote:

If you have your eye on a given item, we recommend checking the Canon USA direct store on a regular basis to see whether that item has become available. Keep in mind that the combination of high demand and a price lower than the regular MSRP can cause these items to sell very quickly.

You should sign up on Canon Price Watch.  They will notify you as soon as things are available. For hot items, you have literally minutes to make the purchase after items become available.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

You should sign up on Canon Price Watch.  They will notify you as soon as things are available. For hot items, you have literally minutes to make the purchase after items become available.

Thanks for that tip, Diverhank. I am looking at that site now and will sign up pronto. However, it seems that the usual New York superstore is the way to go, as they have the refurbished lenses in stock that have been absent from the Canon site for months. I suspect that is where I will buy my used gear henceforth as Canon refurbished has become a ghost town for my needs.

@John_SD wrote:

However, it seems that the usual New York superstore is the way to go, as they have the refurbished lenses in stock that have been absent from the Canon site for months. I suspect that is where I will buy my used gear henceforth as Canon refurbished has become a ghost town for my needs.

For used stuff, I usually buy them on Fred Miranda.  As long you buy from people with high ratings, it's more trustworthy than ebay - very good product at good price from good people. When you pay with paypal, you will have buyer protection as well.

For new stuff, greentoe is very reputable and you can get a pretty decent discount for new stuff from authorized dealers.  I've bought several big ticket items there with zero problems.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements