cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel eos lenses

Cathytack
Apprentice
Does anyone know if I can use my regular film canon lenses on a digital canon rebel?
17 REPLIES 17

Also in low light, the flashes makes a buzzing sound and wont take a photo. Is this because of the lighting or a problem with the camera?

Was this camera also a thrift store find?  It sounds like both lens and camera are a bust.  I wouldn't waste the money and get something that is known to work.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

That is probably the "disco flash." The camera is using the flash to get enough light to focus. If you are focusing on something close, it should work, if it is too far away, the camera still won't focus. I usually just turn that off and focus using other means.

What else can I do to get the shot I want if theres not enough light?

@sjg182424 wrote:

What can you do?  Little to nothing with the camera in one of the automatic modes.  

At best, depending upon just how dim the conditions are, you could switch the camera and lens into fully manual modes, take an underexposed shot, and hope that you can brighten up the picture in post-processing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@sjg182424 wrote:

Buy an external flash like the 430RT that projects an IR pattern that the camera will use for focus assist.

@sjg182424 wrote:

Also in low light, the flashes makes a buzzing sound and wont take a photo. Is this because of the lighting or a problem with the camera?

Most likely because of low light. 

BTW, the SL1 is a better camera than the T5. 

Does it have the EF-S 18-55 IS STM kit lens?

Yes, it came with the EF-S 18-55 IS STM lens.

Announcements