cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 28-90mm f/4-5.6 lll lens

RichardLarson
Apprentice
I am thinking about buying a Canon EF 28-90mm f/4-5.6 lll lens. How compatible is it to the EOS Rebel T3i? Thank you for your time.
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

cicopo
Elite

It's compatible but I don't know how good it is. The camera accepts EF & EF-S lenses & it's an EF mount. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

cicopo Thank you for the answer!

Is this a used lens?  It has been discontinued by Canon.  If, yes, check it out carefully.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you for the advice.

There were some issues with it so I sent it back.

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

It's compatible but I don't know how good it is. The camera accepts EF & EF-S lenses & it's an EF mount. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

cicopo Thank you for the answer!

My pleasure.

Is this a used lens?  It has been discontinued by Canon.  If, yes, check it out carefully.

EB

Thank you for the advice.

There were some issues with it so I sent it back.

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It must be a pretty old lens indeed, given that it went through three revs, yet this is the first I've ever heard of it. I presume it's an immediate predecessor of the 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5, which I didn't think was particularly recent when I bought one in 2006.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I don't remember it's exact lineage but neither the 28-90mm or the 28-105mm are spectacular performers.

The 28-135mm is whole different story.

EB
Announcements