cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 50mm F1.2 Good Price

KDMMods
Apprentice

I look on craigslist every once and awile looking for camera gear and I came across my dream lens.  The 50mm f1.2.  It's in like new condition and he's only selling it for $850!  Is that a good price?  I'm tempted to buy it.  Let me know if you would snach it or not!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@KDMMods wrote:

I look on craigslist every once and awile looking for camera gear and I came across my dream lens.  The 50mm f1.2.  It's in like new condition and he's only selling it for $850!  Is that a good price?  I'm tempted to buy it.  Let me know if you would snach it or not!

Thanks!

Go to the Canon Online Refurbished Store and get a one year guarantee.  It was just on sale, too.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-50mm-f-12l-usm-refurbished

Or, you can roll the dice on CraigsList, and get no guaranteee, at all.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ok.  Almost $1200 for a referbished one?  Man, you could buy a new one for like $80 extra.  Thanks for the responce.

@KDMMods wrote:

Ok.  Almost $1200 for a referbished one?  Man, you could buy a new one for like $80 extra.  Thanks for the responce.

Like I said, it was just on sale, for about 20% off.  Reputable Canon dealers cannot sell it for that low of a price.  Period.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, I would not go for the refurb either. They are all not a great deal  You gotta be careul.

Don't want to cry on your deam lens but a small warning, the fast 50 is notta easy lens to master.  Except being rather slow to focus, once you get around f2, it is fantastic.  However, nobody buys a f1.2 lens to use f2.  Any slouch lens can do f2, right?  Anyway take you time with it. Use it, learn it and you will love it.

Next up?  Start dreaming about the ef 85mm f1.2L.  Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Next up?  Start dreaming about the ef 85mm f1.2L.

if you can find a subject with a DOF of less than 2 mm.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Didn't say it was easy, just that it is fantastic.  There is f1.2 then there is everything else.  Can't stand the heat don't be a cook.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

tcphoto
Apprentice

I would be leary of buying off of craigslist. That said, I've purchased a few items but have met them in a public place and looked over the items closely. I'd take a friend and a camera and test it out to make sure it is what he says it is.

I love my 50L and 85L II, the only reason I use my 100L IS more is because I specialize in food images.

Announcements