Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon 100-400 vii lens - Pictures could be sharper Need help!

Waddizzle wrote:

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day, Ernie, and the rest of the gang, too.

This member of the gang spent the morning playing "Taps" six times (and "Amazing Grace" once) in 50-degree weather at our town's Memorial Day ceremonies. And then thawed out watching the Red Sox manager (who has no idea when to pull the pitcher) throw their game away in Chicago. Thank goodness the rest of the gang has posted a bunch of messages in the forum to help me get my sanity back.  Smiley Frustrated

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, ebiggs,

You addressed (on 5/29 at 3:46) whether the "lens turns itsel off on a tripod" - I think that issue was brought up by someone else (I think maybe Wadizzle) on this thread, but, that's fine because I am learning. 

And before I consider switching the IS off when I'm using my tripod, I'm at the stage where I want to figure out the three stages of the IS on this lens.

Practice makes perfect! 

Honored Contributor

B from B,

I spent the morning doing the Memorial Day Ceremony at the county seat for Johnson county Kansas.  It was my 17th year in a row doing this ceremony.

"(who has no idea when to pull the pitcher)"

Ha, the Royals manager keeps a pitcher in until at least the 6th inning come hell or high water.  I actually don't understand why they pay managers so much money when they don't seem to know any more about baseball.  Do they not understand it is knowing when to pull the pitcher before the damage is done rather than after?

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.