Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Camera for making video

Hello,

I have canon 60D with EF-s 17-55 f/2.8 lens. I am making videos in fitness, where there is really bad lighting and the videos are not so good quality.

I am thinking of buying better camera, so i can make decent quality videos without taking additional light with me (youmust understand there are a lot of people, so i am not able to walk around with lights and all electricity).

So which camera do you suggest me and will i be able to use this lens EF-s 17-55 f/2.8 on this camera? My budget is 1500-2000$.

Thank you and regards,

Matevz
Honored Contributor

Re: Camera for making video

If you main most thing is videos, buy a real video camera. Not a DSLR that does video.  The $2000 limit might be a problem if you want to stick with Canon.  I don't do video but kmy friends that do and have Canon use the C100 or C100 Mk II.  I know they are EF mount but I am not sure if they can use EF-S.  My guess is they won't.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

No i also do a lot of photos in gym
Honored Contributor

If you do stills also just get a T6i or T7i.  They will use your lens.  The video has certain limits, however.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

Matevž wrote:
Hello,

I have canon 60D with EF-s 17-55 f/2.8 lens. I am making videos in fitness, where there is really bad lighting and the videos are not so good quality.

I am thinking of buying better camera, so i can make decent quality videos without taking additional light with me (youmust understand there are a lot of people, so i am not able to walk around with lights and all electricity).

So which camera do you suggest me and will i be able to use this lens EF-s 17-55 f/2.8 on this camera? My budget is 1500-2000$.

Thank you and regards,

Matevz

The best Canon DSLR for making videos in your price range is the EOS 80D.  It has a beefy battery, and there is a battery grip available, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."