cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken EF 50 mm f/1.2L

cjflet0
Apprentice

I took my 50mm F/1.2 out of my bag tonight and noticed that it wouldn't focus properly. So I messed with the auto focus switch and examined the lens.  This is when I noticed that the lens hood and the filter were moving- actually sliding in and out in unison but only on one side of the lens. I took off the lens hood and it appear that the housing distal to the red ring has broken on one side but remains attached on the opposite side.  

So now to the question... Is the lens trash or can it be fixed? If it can be fixed then how much will it cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

cjflet0,

Your EF 50mm f/1.2L USM lens will need to be repaired by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

We are unable to provide estimates on their behalf.  If you send the lens to them, they will provide you with a free estimate.  At that time, you can choose to accept the estimate and go forward with the repairs or you can decline the estimate and the lens will be returned to you.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

cjflet0,

Your EF 50mm f/1.2L USM lens will need to be repaired by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

We are unable to provide estimates on their behalf.  If you send the lens to them, they will provide you with a free estimate.  At that time, you can choose to accept the estimate and go forward with the repairs or you can decline the estimate and the lens will be returned to you.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements