cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Lens

Inedu-images
Apprentice

Need a better lens that can zoom images from at least half a kilometer but cost not more than $300. My camera is Canon Rebel t3 

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

You'll need a much bigger budget than that. No such lens exists in that price range that can do that.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Not even a prime for that amount. You need to think about adding another zero.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Architect
Apprentice

I agree with the others as to your budget is a bit too low for a "better" lens. I purchased the canon 100-400 last year after saving a couple of years and it is so worth the investment. I had the Canon 100-300 and was unhappy with it. The 100-400 is well worth investing in. I also got the 2X converter III and love it as well though it takes a steadt tripod and manual focus.

Thanks guys. i appreciate your contributions. i will find out the prices. And if any one can give me an idea of the cost, i will be happy.

Photo mags have prices. 100-400 about $1,600.00 USD I believe. There are sales as well at times.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Need a better lens that can zoom images from at least half a kilometer..."

What are the "images"?   If is is a mountain, it is quit different than a bird at 1/2 a kilometer!

My suggestion is the 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L but a bird at 1/2 kilometer is stillgoing to be pretty small.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements