cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFMA on 5D4 with Sigma Art 35?

ScottyP
Authority

Odds on how successful this'll be?  With or without sigma dock? Lens worked great on Canon 6d.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The odds for success is entirely up to how skillful and careful you are.  I have used the Dot-Tune method on YouTube.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@ScottyPwrote:

Odds on how successful this'll be?  With or without sigma dock? Lens worked great on Canon 6d.  

If it's consistently front-focusing or back-focusing, AFMA will help. Setting it up is easier than it's often made out to be, and it's one of those cases where you shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ScottyPwrote:

If it's consistently front-focusing or back-focusing, AFMA will help. Setting it up is easier than it's often made out to be, and it's one of those cases where you shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

You are a veteran experienced photographer.  It is easy for you because you have the sharp skills.  Like I always say, it is far easier to make a bad set of adjustments than a correct set.  

I do not say it is impossible, just that it can be deceptively difficult for  one who is not careful and meticulous.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You got a 5D Mk IV?  I must have missed that !  Great, the 5 series are fantastic cameras. You can think about selling that 6D.  You won't use it anymore after the Mk IV. Smiley Happy  

I am surprised the Siggy 35mil needs any fiddling.  I think if it does that the dock is where you need to do it.  The Siggy 35mil is incredibly sharp.  It just might be the sharpest lens made.

Let's see some shots.....soon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements