cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70-300 mm lens dropped, no longer will take pics, any ideas?

r4home
Apprentice

Lens was dropped about 30" while inside a padded case Now it will not take any pics. io get no error messegaes. t will still manualy focus and zoom. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

r4home
Apprentice

UPDATE! I got the camera to take a pic with the lens. However, only in manual focus mode. It will not auto focus. So, I guess the auto focus does not work and needs repair. Anybody got recommendations?

Did you try clicking the AF/MF switch back and forth a few times? Low tech, but worth trying.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Hi r4home!

Thank you for posting.

I agree with ScottyP here.  Moving the AF/MF switch between the two settings a few times and stopping on AF may clear this up.  You may also try cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera using a soft microfiber cleaning cloth.  If the lens still does not autofocus, it may need to be serviced.

To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements