cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 200 usm is L falling to bits

jetgriff
Apprentice

the little screws under the Tripod ring on the barrel of lens keep coming loose and the lens wobbles about..

Can I use LockTight to secure them?????

original.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jetgriff wrote:

the little screws under the Tripod ring on the barrel of lens keep coming loose and the lens wobbles about..

Can I use LockTight to secure them?????

original.jpg

That’s an odd problem.  I do not think that stuff would work.  They might be stripping.  Let Canon fix it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

A dab of Blue LocTite would work.

Snug them up but use a JIS type screwdriver so you don’t mess up the screw heads. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"A dab of Blue LocTite would work."

1+  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I agree with using a JIS screwdriver too. They may look like a Philips head but they will be JIS.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

This is why when somebody suggested on a different thread to try Grainger for Canon lens screws is a fruitless idea.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

This is why when somebody suggested on a different thread to try Grainger for Canon lens screws is a fruitless idea.

Places like Grainger carry nearly everything when it comes to hardware.  I have ordered plenty of replacement screws for electronic gear from Grainger for decades, including gear made overseas in Europe and Japan.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Good luck in finding those screws.  Have at it.  Smiley Very Happy

EB
Announcements