Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: 18-135 Sharpness

(I'm a little late getting back to this, it's been a busy week.)

Wadizzle, it was a bit remiss of me to not mention it in the original post, but this is the 18-135 IS STM lens.  

To answer your question about how close I was:  I went back and looked at it again.  100 feet may have been too much -- I was still a good 50 feet away.  

As far as as the focusing:  I looked at the raw file on DPP; the nose of the engine is sharp, the center AF point was just to the left of the nose of the engine.  

Occasional Contributor

Tim, there's a lot of good information in your reply.  I think I need to do a little more homework as far as DOF is concerned, but I'm starting to realize that I don't know as much as I thought I did.  

Once again, thank you and everyone for your replies and information.  

Honored Contributor

GenXRailmedia wrote:

Tim, there's a lot of good information in your reply.  I think I need to do a little more homework as far as DOF is concerned, but I'm starting to realize that I don't know as much as I thought I did.  

Once again, thank you and everyone for your replies and information.  

Take a look at the link in my first reply.  It is a link to a DOF chart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."