paper jam.

nessapoo15
Apprentice

my paper keeps getting jammed, even after I cleaned the rollers

6 REPLIES 6

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi nessapoo15!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which model printer you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your printer model.

Thanks!

mediatrek
Contributor

Is this a new issue or happening on a new machine? Does the jam happen right when the paper is picked up by the printer or in the middle? What model printer are you working with? A unit with a front load paper tray or rear-load only?

i have the 892 printer...it will tell me there is no paper or it is jammed. help!!!

Hi nessapoo15,

Since cleaning the rollers did not resolve the issue, we will want to ensure that there are no obstructions in the printer that may be causing the paper to not feed properly.  With a flashlight or other bright light, please look in the paper feed areas of the printer, as well as the inside of the printer where the print head is located and ensure that there are not any pieces of paper or other obstructions.  Once this has been verified, if you still experience the same issue, the printer will unfortunately require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below for your servicing options.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Kmack28
Apprentice

Hi so I have a Canon PIXIMA MG6821 and I understand how to fix the basic printer jam. Honestly I feel like a pro at this point because at first it was just jamming when it would try to print double sided but now it is jamming when it pulls the paper in or as it is printing on the first side. Can someone please help me figure out why it keeps jamming 

Hi Kmack28,

Please follow the steps on the following page to inspect for paper jammed:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG6800%20series/EN/ERR/err_contents0200.html

Next, please perform a roller cleaning:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG6800%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance2400.html

If the paper still does not feed correctly, your PIXMA MG6821 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements