Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

my printer has started to print in only the top left quarter of the page. help

My pixma MX310 printer has started to print the whole document in the upper left quarter of the page and i can't figure out what setting may need to be changed. in the print preview it shows the full page ready to print. i'm frustrated

Product Expert

Re: my printer has started to print in only the top left quarter of the page. help

Hello wendolynsworld.

It may be possible that the paper size is currently set to 4"x6" or 5"x7". 

Before printing, please check the printer settings in the Print menu on your computer.  Make sure that the paper size is set to "Letter" or 8.5"x11".

If you have any difficulties with finding the paper size setting, please tell us what version of Windows or Mac OSX is on your computer. 

Also, tell us what programs are being used when this issue occurs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
HSC
New Contributor

Re: my printer has started to print in only the top left quarter of the page. help

I have an iP6700D printer. All of a sudden, in the middle of a project, it started printing on only a quarter of the page despite being set to print one per page, fit to page and letter size. Print preview looks fine but printing is problematic. Originally using The Print Shop app, but it still does this when printing as PDF in Adobe Reader and Preview. Please help.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi HSC,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What size paper is being requested from the computer?
  • Which version of Window or Macintosh are you using?

I look forward to your reply.