cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP7250 and LIDE 120 Software

Orpheus2000
Apprentice

Does anyone know of software that works with either of these two products?  In both cases the hardware is OK - ish, but the software provided is diabolical. 

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Orpheus2000,

What is the issue that you are experiencing?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

A variety of things. 

It took me several attempts via the laughable Image Garden to find out how to place an image on a printable disc.  Sometimes, and I can't figure out why, a message appears on the screen to advise me on which way up I must place the (plain) paper in the cassette. 

When using the scanner I have to change the settings each time or the file goes to the previously set location and can be difficult to find. 

Another (family) user might try to do a quick scan using the autoscan button and then can't find where it went.  I have just attempted to photocopy an A4 sheet once using the copy button.  The result was 6 copies of an A5 part of the document, because the previous setting had been for 6 copies of an A5 paper.  These two problems are, perhaps, impossible to solve by software which has to assume the parameters have been correctly set. 

The gripe I have about both pieces of software is that set up for the scanner and use for the printer is far from intuitive. In fact I find it confusing, and I  worked as a PC applications analyst & programmer from 1981 to 2002. 

The printer software seems overly elaborate and needs a step-by-step approach - a Wizard, if you will. 

The scanner utility is clumsy. It is tempting to click on "Document" if you want to scan a document, whereas it is better to click on "Settings" and rearrange the set up first.  Even then it's confusing. For instance, what's the difference between "save settings" & "application settings"?  Both contain a location (Save in & Send to a folder), which seem to be interchangeable. Why does Document Scan default to PDF?  A nuisance when you forget to change one of the settings.  

Bear in mind I write as a home user, not a business user who might become familiar with the necessary processes by frequent repetition.

Before replacing them I used an LIDE 90 and a Pixma 4500. Both were quite easy and convenient to set up and use, which is why I chose the corresponding Canon products to as replacements.

If it ain't broke don't fix it - something that modern software designers seem not to understand, not only at Canon, but at MicroSoft & Apple as well.

End of gripe.

Hi Orpheus2000,

In regards to scanning, you can enable a setting that will allow you to rearrange the pages when scanning a document, specify a name and location were the file is to be saved.  Please try these steps:

1.  From the Start menu, select All Programs, Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility, IJ Scan Utility to start IJ Scan Utility.  If you are using a Mac, please click the GO menu from Finder and then Applications to locate the Canon Utilities folder.

2.  Place the photo face down on the platen (glass) of your CanoScan LiDE 120.

3.  Click the Setting button in the lower right hand corner.

4.  Click on Photo Scan on the left hand side.

5.  Place a check mark in the box next to "Check scan results".

6.  Click OK.

7.  Click the Photo button.

Scanning will start.  After complete, the Save Settings box will appear.  In this box, you can give your file a name, specify a location where it is to be saved and change the format type.

You can also do this with the Document Scan feature as well.

For more information regarding this, please use the following link:

(for Windows)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20120/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

(for Mac OS X)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/LiDE%20120/2.0/EN/SU/Top.html

The PIXMA iP7250 is only sold in Europe and is supported by Canon Europe.  For further assistance with your PIXMA iP7250, you may contact Canon Europe using the following link:

http://Canon.us/8sbt

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements