cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canonscan lide 25

ephthera
Apprentice

I took the scanner from my PC and put it on my shelf for about 1 month. When I reconnected scanner to my PC this afternoon, the program would not run. Every time I clicked CanonScan starter, there was a box containing this message: "Release the lock switch, detach the I/F cable and reconnect. Scanner driver will be closed."

I have followed this instruction many times but it didn't work. The above message kept on appearing on the screen. The scanner made soft sound when I clicked starter, so I'm sure the scanner was connected to the PC.

How can I solve this problem? I admit I didn't lock the scanner when taking it from PC as I didn't remember there was a switch at the bottom. Is it a probable cause of this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ephthera.

Please try the following steps to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner.

2.  Toggle the lock switch back and forth about a dozen times alternating.

3.  Leave the switch in the unlocked position.

4.  Reconnect the USB cable.

Also, please ensure that the unit is connected directly to one of the USB ports on your computer itself.  Do not connect the scanner to any external monitors, keyboards, hubs or other extension devices.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements