cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install lide220 scanner: getting Master Setup has stopped working

g2c
Contributor

Hello, Sorry to post this in the multifunction printers area but I found no scanner proper section in the forum.

I just bought a new lide220 scanner and am trying to install it in my asus ux301/win 8.1 laptop

I downloaded win-lide220-1_0-mcd.exe and executed it. It installed in

<users\user\app data\local\temp\win-lide220-1_0-mcd> the following items

win a directory 

AUTORUN.INF file

CHECKSUM file

MSETUP.CHECKSUM file

MSetup4.exe

and then ran the last one MSetup4.exe.

I than get a nice picture of canoscan lide220 and the buttons "language" " exit" and "next"

When I hover next, it becomes gree and when I click it I get 

"Master Setup has stopped working"

and below, in smallee fonts

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

g2c
Contributor

Good news, I made a factory reset to out of the box 8.1 and now all the sw installed and works well. Thank you all for your patient help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

What version of Windows are you using?

This didn't answer your question or issue? ind more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for bothering. As I wrote, my os is windows 8.1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try installing the Scanner Driver instead.  Return to the www.usa.canon.com website to download and install the LIDE 220 Scanner Driver. 

If you continue to have difficulties with the installation, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, I could install the driver sc68-win-lide220-1_02-ea33_3.exe and scan documents by pressign the 'auto scan' button

Can you please tell how do I install scan gear and ij scan utility?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi g2c,

ScanGear and the IJ Scan Utility are installed when the driver is installed.

To use the IJ Scan Utility, please follow the steps outlined in the Manual for your CanoScan LiDE 220:

http://Canon.us/u5da

I am sorry,

I am given two options

1) download CanoScan LiDE 220 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

File name

win-lide220-1_0-ucd.exe

2) Download CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver Ver.1.02 (Windows)

File name

sc68-win-lide220-1_02-ea33_3.exe

---------------

When I download and execute 1) get the error message of the subject

When I download and execute 2) a driver is installed and I can scan when pressing the central scanner button

but I don't have the quick menu nor the IJ

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi g2c,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactCF

I contacted them but they said there's an issue with my pc. Indeed this did not happen on a win7 and a win10 pc . Yet, i am disaponted not to be able to have a full software installation with the win8.1 machine Smiley Sad

g2c
Contributor

Good news, I made a factory reset to out of the box 8.1 and now all the sw installed and works well. Thank you all for your patient help

Announcements