Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Reinstall Canon ScanGear for Model 9000F

japentz
Apprentice

Hello,

I am Unable to Reinstall Canon ScanGear for Model 9000F

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit.  I was doing a disk clean up and something got unintalled.  Honestly, I lost the use of my CanonScan 9000F.  I was attempting to use the scanner via Adobe Acrobat to scan a document and I received an error that the program could not communicated with the 9000F scanner.  I attempted to uninstall everything to do with the scanner through Control Panel. 

I ensured everything was disconnected, NO USB plugged in, the scanner is powered off.  Its not connected in any way.

Then, I put the CD in to do a reinstall.  I check off ScanGear, Onlne Manual, My Image Garden, everything. It appears to try to install but then stops.  I get Installation Failure.  Scan Gear Could not be installed.  Click Start Over to re-execute the installation process.  The On screen manual describes causes of installation problems and how to correct those problems.

It won't allow me to install the onscreen manual.  it says I have to install scan gear.

I have cleared everything Canon out of my registry that I could find.  I tried to install the version of the driver from the Canon website, but it says I already have the most current driver installed. 

Also installed was a %_PRODUCT_NAME%  which I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of.

I am unable to reinstall anything and get the scanner to work again.  I KNOW its not the scanner. It is not even attached to the computer.   SOMETHING is stuck and preventing me from doing a reinstall.

Please help.  I really do NOT want to have to take down my PC and reinstall windows.

Thanks

J. Pentz

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,  i did so and spoke to a great tech.  However, he was unable to resolve my issue.   He walked me through many steps I had already tried.   He was very good though

I have this hanging entry   %_PRODUCT_NAME_% Scanner Driver  when I go to uninstall programs. It will not allow me to uninstall it.  I get an error that tells me to unplug the scanner cable.  Except nothing is plugged into my USB. Scanner cable IS unplugged.

I've tried registry cleaners to no avail. 

There is some driver entry hidden in my registry which I am unable to find or correct.  

If anyone else knows where to look in my Windows 7 Registry, and what to delete I'd appreciate the info.

Maybe try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Its a clunky interface and you may need to keep repeating until all traces of driver are gone but I have used it several times and it has always corrected my problems. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements