cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped working with an error message reading Check Cartridge u052.

rabrams
Apprentice

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped  working with an error message  reading Check Cartridge u052.

What do I do?

Thank you for any help.

Robert Abrams

13 REPLIES 13

Ramona
Authority

Hi Robert,

To try and resolve the U052 error on your PIXMA MP530, please remove the ink tanks and print head from the printer, then reseat them.  If you still experience the same issue, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the issue is still unresolved, unfortunately, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That does not work.  I can't even use it for scanning, completely locked up with error.

I tried many solutions and nothing worked.  So I decided to search the price for a printhead on ebay.  Here is a link to the ebay item on March 11, 2016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shipping-free-and-New-Printhead-QY6-0059-for-Canon-IP4200-MP500-MP530-/32114...

Price 27.99USD free shipping to north america

I bought one already in June 2015 and it's new and works great.  No more error "Check Cartridge u052"

rabrams
Apprentice

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped  working with an error message  reading Check Cartridge u052.

What do I do?

Thank you for your reply and help.

Bob Abrams

How do I remove the printer head?

B.A.

Hi Robert,

To remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in your PIXMA MP530, please follow the steps below.

Reseating the Print Head

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10.   Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11.   Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

If you still experience the same error after removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the printer, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

solutionsmp530
Apprentice

ME TOO.

My Canon MP530 stared getting the U052 error also which disabled the entire device. I have tried all of the recommended procedures and none of them works. It appears to be a manufacturing issue as a large number of others have the same issue. I had another an older Canon ink jet printer that I replaced with a Brother printer. If there is no resolution to this issue I will probably do the same with this printer. On another thread a large group of consumers were going to start a class action lawsuit. Maybe I need to join that if their is no alternative.

DaveR
Apprentice

Count me in.  My 5250 just stopped working with this error and is still disabled despite replacing all ink cartridges (which I foolishly did before reading this thread).

Count me in on the class action. Because this is very sneaky marketing ploy to use the ink as a way to suck money even if the scanner and fax are in perfect working order. I have the same problem. I did try once to uninstall and re-install the inks and the head and it worked. I was happy. Then shortly after it appears that my mp530 received a fax the this stupid "check cartridge u052" came up again. Repeated the procedure of uninstalling and re-installing the head and cartridges. This time this stupid error does never want to go. I already stopped relying on the mp530 for printing and bought a canon mg5520. I used the mo530 for scanning and faxing. This stupid error is probably a simple fix if we service it ... And they charge an arm and a leg for it. Eventhough I don't care to use the printing function. I thinking Canon's sales and marketing scheme is devilish and must be stopped and compensate the current users for mis treating us on such a ridiculous matter.
Announcements