cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden - unable to Rename images or set Favorites

LornaW
Apprentice

I have a new MG7751 printer and have installed My Image Garden on my elderly Windows XP SP3. 

Image Garden shows my image thumbnails in My Pictures no problem, but when I select an image and right-click, the options for Rename and Favorites are greyed out.  Open, Delete, Print, Cut, Copy, Correct/Enhance, Filters and OCR are all available.

If I open the file and then right-click, Favorite level is the only option that is greyed out. 

On the File menu for that folder, Rename is greyed out, and only Open, Delete, Print or Exit are active.

Based on someone's earlier post, I checked the Tools > Preferences > Advanced > locations of temporary files, and those are set to folders that exist on my PC.

Any ideas why I can't set favourite levels or rename files?  Thanks for looking.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LornaW,

The folder in which the photos are saved have to be included in "Image Analysis".  Please use the following link for more information:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/MyImageGarden/W/3.2/EN/MIG/mig-505.html#MIG_505_02

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response.

I had already added the folder to the Image Analysis List.  the images do appear in the thumbnail view in MIG.

I tried to optimise the image analysis, to update it.  I saw a pop-up asking for confirmation to optimise and when confirmed, I get "An internal error has occurred".

I have tried restarting MIG with the picture folder in the Image Analysis list and I've tried adding another small picture folder to the list, which contains jpegs of moderate size.  Same result on optimising - error.

I'll have a go at re-installing the software. 

Announcements