cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a scanner/printer that will print marketing material on light card stock (163 g/m²).

rickdbowers
Apprentice

I'm new to Canon and lost between the MG & MX lines. I periodically need to print marketing material (pictures, but not high resolution) on card stock, 90 lb, 163 g/m² index. Also flyers on Xerox Coated Gloss Digital Printing 80 lb 120 g/m². Mostly I print very light duty office B&W on standard 20/24 lb. I am having trouble finding the specifications for the various printers (that specifically list the paper weight/thickness). The specs I'm seeing list specific supported papers (which mean nothing to me).

I also periodically scan--and would like an ADF.

I'm not even sure whether my post should be in "office printers" or "home printers."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Most of our printers can print on media up to 90 lbs. in weight.  When using specialty media, the media type has to be changed to a photo paper setting to allow it to compensate for the thickness for printing.  Otherwise, jams may occur if the units are set to the default plain paper setting.

Please note, our scanners with automatic document feeders can only scan plain paper.  If you wished to scan your card stock media, you would have to utilize the flatbed portion of our scanners.

If you have questions about a specific model, feel free to call our Sales department at 1-800-OK-CANON for more information.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Most of our printers can print on media up to 90 lbs. in weight.  When using specialty media, the media type has to be changed to a photo paper setting to allow it to compensate for the thickness for printing.  Otherwise, jams may occur if the units are set to the default plain paper setting.

Please note, our scanners with automatic document feeders can only scan plain paper.  If you wished to scan your card stock media, you would have to utilize the flatbed portion of our scanners.

If you have questions about a specific model, feel free to call our Sales department at 1-800-OK-CANON for more information.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements