cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIDE 120 w IJ Scan Utility - why no Stitch button visible, no Make searchable pdf option etc?

marp68
Apprentice

Hi 

Just bought the Lide 120 which I'm using with my win10 (Anniversary) laptop. INstalled and worked okej. But, according to specifications and manual, there should be a Stitch button option in the menu. But there is no one on mine. Only  Automatic, Photo, Document, Custom, Settings and ScanGear scan buttons are available. 

Why is Stitch buttton missing, since the LIDE 120 should have it?

My other question concerns pdf options. In my old CanoScan 30 with my old xp laptop there was an optio to make searchable pdf. In the LIDE 120 with IJ Scan Utility there is only the option  Create PDF that supports password.

Should it not be any option for making searchable pdf's?

And what about manual Text enhanced options? Is it ON automatically all time or should there be check box for it?

Regards

Martin

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi marp68,

Stitch should appear on the IJ Scan Utilty.  Please uninstall the CanoScan LiDE 120 and the reinstall using the latest driver. 

To download and install the latest driver, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type CanoScan LiDE 120 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click the Select button next to the CanoScan LiDE 120 Scanner Driver.

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

6.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

7.  Double click [sc68-win-lide120-1_02-ea33_3.exe], follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, the Stitch button should appear on the IJ Scan Utility.

In regards to creating a searchabel PDF, please enable "Create a PDF file that supports keyword search" in the IJ Scan

Utiltiy.  To do this, please follow the steps in the On Line Manual:

http://Canon.us/ksur

There isn't a "text enchanced" option, but there is a "sharpen outline" option.  In the Document Setting page, please click on the + next to Image Processing Settings to access this.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

Thanks for your quick respons.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I uninstalled, installed the downloaded latest and rebooted. No Stitch button showed up.  Please see image. It's in Swedish, but I think you understand by the icons. Btw, I already had the same (latest) driver version.

Regarding the pdf searchable option, there is none. Only the password option, which is anabled in the image. 

And unfortunately no Sharpen Outline option neither.

I use the Quick Menu version 2.7.0 (Swedish). 

Strange indeed. I'm lost 😞

Namnlös2.pngNamnlös2.png

Hi marp68,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a MFP imageCLASS MF267dw that stopped producing searchable PDF scanned files.  There is no precipitating event, such as an system software update.  I have been on the phone with Canon support three times for over 6 hours total and they still have no explanation why and no fix.  Supposedly it has gone to the "engineers" and Canon Support are awaiting a response.  There is no toggle or check box to make the PDF scan searchable on the MF Scan Utility for a Apple computers.  It is there for the PC.  Why?  They have no explanation.  Trust me . . . I have done every work around including (several) clean uninstalls/reinstalls of the latest version of the utility software, installed a firmware update, tried 3 different Apple computers, used TimeMachine to open earlier versions of the MF Scan Utility, even an earlier clone of my MacBook Pro.  Unfortunately any scan under any condition from the imageClass yields a non-searchable PDF file.  I attempted 5 third-party applications, including Adobe Acrobat who created the PDF format, and none were able to search the files.  I downloaded the Canon mobile print/scan app for this imageClass - same results.  I'm essentially hearing they don't know why the scanner stopped producing searching file, how to fix it and they advised me to buy a third-party scanning utilitiy.  Adobe Acrobat offers one for $15 a month.  I shouldn't have to - it's an advertised feature of this printer and described in the user manual.  I finally asked them to replace the printer - they refused. I need this feature for my business and I'm loosing business while they're figuring it out.  If anyone has a clue as to what's going on or how to fix it, I'd be thrilled.   

marp68
Apprentice
Hi
Thanks. I contacted Canon in Sweden. They had never heard about this issue and would have to look further into the matter. investigate it.
Regards
Martin
Announcements