cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility - Error Code: 9,230,0

vigorousjammer
Apprentice

Hey there, so I just downloaded and installed the drivers for my Canoscan 9000f Mark II, and upon trying to launch IJ Scan Utility, it gives me this error message: "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again."

I tried re-installing the driver, and it still gives me the same error message.

I can load up the basic TWAIN drivers just fine, but I really do prefer the options in the IJ Scan Utility better.
Could somebody help me figure out what's wrong?

Note: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the scanner in the Printers & Scanners menu before reinstalling the scanner drivers.

If the error persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the scanner in the Printers & Scanners menu before reinstalling the scanner drivers.

If the error persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After reinstalling Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 10.0.15063 with all the latest updates I installed, as usual, mp68-win-9000fmkii-1_00-ea32_2.exe, which was used for three years from the date of purchase of the scanner, however, to use the scanner at this time it was not possible: Canon LJ Scan Ultility at startup returns the error code 9,230,0.

2017-08-12_00-51-21.png

Then I uninstall mp68-win-9000fmkii-1_00-ea32_2.exe and install mp68-win-9000fmkii-1_00-ejs.exe - and get the same error. Then I uninstall mp68-win-9000fmkii-1_00-ejs.exe, turn off antivirus, turn off "Let Windows manage my default printer" (it is impossible to do this by your instruction - it does not correspond to the OS interface), reinstall mp68-win-9000fmkii-1_00-ea32_2.exe and... get the same error. Help, please, return the scanner to working condition !!!

I was getting the same error for my pixma e477. Had to reinstall the drivers and connect the printer via USB first time to get detected.

Lizruf
Apprentice

I am having the same error.

Deleted and re-loaded everything.

Went to the website and downloaded the current driver.

Says it's successfully installed yet I keep getting this error and can't scan.

Hi Lizruf!

If you've downloaded the most current software and updates from our site HERE, and you're still having a problem, you'll want to reach out to support. They're available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). 

If you're outside the USA and require support, click HERE for support options.

Announcements