cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two Canon Printers, an MP970 and a MX710, I want to use both to scan, but the Canon Solution

bburtjr
Apprentice

I have two Canon printers an MP970 and an MX710, when I installed the MX710 it disabled my ability to access the MP970 SCANNER from the Canon Solution Menu.

I have tried to re-install the drivers and the MP970 Solutions but even that only allows the scanner in the MX710?

IS there any way to use the scanners for both? AND what do I need to do.

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi bburtjr,

The MP970 and MX710 use two seperate versions of the Solution Menu, so I think what is happening is that it copied over your desktop shortcut with the latest version which nly shows the 710.  If both versions of the Solution Menu are still on the computer, they should be accessible under your Start Menu if you are using Windows or your Applications Menu if you are on a Mac.  Under the Start Menu you would go to All Programs and Canon Utilities and it should list two seperate versions of Solution Menu.  The newwer version being for the 710 and the older being for the 970.  On Mac, if you click Go from Finder, and click Applications, you should have the same Canon Utilities folder and the same applies as it does in Windows.  You should have two versions of Solution Menu, one for each printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements