cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one change the folder to which scanned images are saved?

barbarossa
Apprentice

Using a CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner

Using the ScanGear driver software that came with it

Right now every time I scan something, it is automatically saved in "My Documents", and I have to drag and drop the file where I really want it to go. How do I change it so that the file is saved where I want it to go in the first place. Also, it is automatically assigning a file name so that I have to go to the file and change that to what I would like it to be too. How do I make it so that I can name the file before it gets saved. Neither do I see where it gives me the option to choose the format in which the file is saved; it is saving the files automatically as JPG, but I would like to save them as TIFF or BMP.

These seem to be very standard options; so I don't know why I'm finding it so hard. I must be blind or something.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

8 REPLIES 8

Julius
Rising Star

Hello barbarossa,

Great question!  You can change all these settings through the My Image Garden software.  The exact procedure will vary depending on the version of Windows you are using.

If you are having any difficulty locating this software, feel free to visit the link below to let us know your operating system and we can follow-up with step-by-step directions.  Thanks! 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

arronlee
Contributor

Hi, barbarossa.

I wonder whether we need some professional tools to help us save the images in the formats we want?

Best regards,

Arron

Canoscan 9000F Mark II gives a default folder in which the saved images are saved. I cannot change this folder into a new destination folder. It automatically changes my folderpath into the D-folder.

Is there a way to change it anyhow ?

shadowlord7
Apprentice

It does not appear this question was ever answered. I'm running Windows 10 and continue to have this problem. I have changed the default save folder to a new folder but scanned images persist to be saved to My Documents. Please advise.

Please use the IJ Scan Utility to scan your images.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Place the photo that you wish to scan face down on the scanner glass.

2.  Click on the Windows Start button and then the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Click on the IJ Scan Utility to open the program.

4.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right hand corner.

5.  In the menu to the left, click on Photo Scan.

6.  In the options on the right, place a checkmark next to "Check scan results".

7.  Click OK.

8.  Click the Photo button in the IJ Scan Utility.  Scanning will begin.

Once scanning is done, a new window will appear in which you can specify a name, file format and location in which to save the image.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. 

I do know how to scan fotos and negatives etc.

However, untill recent I could decide into which folder the temporary scans should be placed, e.g. a folder I created in Pictures with the name MPnavigator XE..

Now the scannerprogramme automatically puts the temporary files into D:/. 

The question was if there is a way to change this default folder into another folder that I have created for it.

Thanks again,

Martinn

I just discovered how I can create a new folder for the temporary files after scanning.

You can follow the procedure according to the steps of Product Expert Patrock posted on august 8th 2017.

After opening the IJ Scan Utility go to "Settings".

At the left you see 6 possibilities. The first one "scanning automatically" is standard highlighted. If you cklick on it, the setting-menue of this possibility is opened.

However, since I wanted to scan dia's and negatives, I Used the possibility "Scan Gear" since it allows me to select some tools to influence the scanning results.

Now In the settings menue of IJ Scan Utility, I select the last possibility named "ScanGear". This opens a menue to the right in which I can create a new folder. Click OK and open ScanGear and all temporary files are placed in the new created folder.

Patrick's answer above is correct, but here is more detail that may be helpful.

How to change the folder to which scanned images are saved

In CanonScan (Canon IJ Scan Utility), selecting “Settings” will let you change the “Save in:” setting. But note that when “Settings” opens, the "Auto Scan" option is selected at the left.

CanonScan Settings for Web1 copy.jpg

This means that you will be changing the “Save in:” setting for the “Auto Scan” option only. More important, if you have an existing custom folder and you remove it from the list, all the other options (Document Scan, Photo Scan, etc.) that were using that customized folder will be reset to the default Documents folder.  So after you delete a customized folder and select a new one for the Auto Scan option, that new customized folder will not be selected for the other options.  You need to go through all the other options and reset them the way you want.

Announcements