cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a photo from my computer to a CD disc? I have a PIXMA MG6320

daved
Contributor

I can't seem to get a photo that is in "My Pictures" to print on a CD disc.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, I misunderstood.

If you open My Image Garden and select an image you shoiuld see the following:

Capture.JPG

If you click New Art there should be a print cd option.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello daved!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Sorry, I am using Windows 7, and I am hooked up to the printer through wireless.

When I try to print a photo from the "My Pictures Library" or from the "My Garden" program, onto a printable CD disk, the print to disk options don't show up.  Only options for printing to different size paper, or envelopes shows up.  The picture I want to print on the disk is saved in my computer and not on a memory card.

Is there a print to CD software I need to download from Canon for this to work?  I loaded the software and drivers that came with the printer off the incuded installation disk.

I guess I just don't understand why the option to print to disk doesen't show up, when the rest of the options to print to paper do.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You wouldn't "print " to a CD, you would "save" to a CD. Look for a save or save as option and choose CD as destination, or else save to desktop and move to CD.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Thanks for responding.  I DO want to print the pic onto the disk.  It is a printable disk and basically I would be printing a picture on it as a label, as opposed to just writing on it with a Sharpie pen.

Dave

Sorry, I misunderstood.

If you open My Image Garden and select an image you shoiuld see the following:

Capture.JPG

If you click New Art there should be a print cd option.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Once again, thanks for responding.  I did what you suggested, and it worked perfectly!  Thank you so much, you have no idea how much time I have wasted trying to figure this out.  I now have a great picture printed on my CD.  It looks so much better than trying to write on it with a Sharpie, as my handwriting leaves a lot to be desired!

You saved the day, thanks again,

Dave D.

Glad I could help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements