cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Import photos into My Image Garden?

Makeys4Forum
Contributor

How do I Import photos into the Canon My Image Garden from elsewhere in my iMac computer?  I use Adobe Photoshop with Adobe Bridge CS4 so I need to import the images from there, or from the desktop of my computer.

I've only just got my first Canon (PIXMA) printer so, because I'm completely new to this area, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need JPEG files (not RAW).

Open MIG; click Files and navigate to the folder that has your images.

Capture.JPG

If you click Help it will open the manual for the software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your reply.  I find the SOME of the choices (like people/calendars etc.) show som of my images, but other links have a message 'There are no images etc' as in your screenshot' but I know that I have got other images when I look in my Adobe Bridge CS4 browser, so how do I get these other images into MIG?  Or if I've got a NEW photo how do I get that into MIG?  It doesn't allow any 'drag & drop of images.

The reason my screenshot shows that message is that the files in the folder are RAW files, not JPEG files.

If I go to a folder that has JPEGs the images show up.

If you are sure the files are JPEGs then I would suggest you call Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks.  I created a folder on my desktop and placed the (JPEG) image in the folder which worked.  Therefore, does it mean that I've always got to create a folder first?

Where was the image before you created the folder?

How do do you handle images from the camera? Generally folks download images of camera into a location on their computer. 

The confusion might be that you don't import photos into MIG in the sense that they get added; you just see the images in MIG. They have to be somewhere for MIG to see them. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The image was on the desktop, which is where I like to put everything to start with, but I couldn't see how to migrate it straight from the desktop into MIG.

When I download images it is always to the desktop or, if it has started off in another place, for example in my Adobe Bridge (which is the equivalent of MIG) I would drag it onto the desktop.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In the folder section of MIG if you click on Desktop you will see images.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It's very strange because I have a single, named, JPEG image on the desktop which MIG didn't locate, so I made a new folder with the same name, placed the image inside the new folder and there it was in MIG!

I'm new to My Image Garden and I'm having the same problems. I have no photos appearing. I just get the message "there are no items that can be displayed". When I click on "file" all the options are grayed out so I can't navigate to any folders:

Screen shot 2017-02-03 at 21.10.33.png

I have been through the preferences and tried selecting a specific folder that has jpegs in it but when I relaunch MIG I get the same message.

All I want to do is print a CD with a single photo on it that I have on file! I have been through the manual and help forums but am still completely stuck. Any help much appreciated.

Announcements