Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

How can I add Disk Templates to My Image Garden

I hope I got the right forum.  I kinda lost and this is my first time here.

Geee  I really hate "My Image Garden"  But I don't know it or how to do things. I scan something, then have to drag it to my desktop then re-name it and file it.  What a pain!

Okay first off, I'm on a 2008 iMac and the printer is the MG6320 black, replacing an old Epson R280.  Loved that one cause I could print 3x5 cards, the Print CD program nad a ton of disk templates.  But Canon never could sell the disc print feature I understand due to some patent issues, but I understand it was sold in Europe with the function.

Well now I got the Canon printer and it does quite nice.  It's wireless on a netwwork of 3 Macs and 1 PC, haha

Anyway okay I found the disk templates.  Oh yea all 3 of them ha ha.  But I have a ton of generic templates on my computer.

Question is can I and how would I be able to add some more disk templates.  Canon support says they don't offer any more templates.

Thanks

Allen

New Contributor

Re: How can I add Disk Templates to My Image Garden

Yes, this drove me nuts!!!!  I know how to do all these things and hate all the 'pre-cast' options in Image Garden.

Not sure about templates but I can at last print my own custom-made labels. 

I finally found out how to do this by doing a web search.  I found the answer on YouTube - not a Canon site!!!

I prepare my label in Photoshop - sized 12cm x 12cm and save it as a jpeg file in a folder named 'Disc labels'.  This is because Image Garden only likes to look at photos!!!!!

Then, I open the 'print disc' function in the Quick Menu.  I navigate through my folders of photos until I find the disc labels one.  

Right click on the label you want and you are offered several options, one of which is 'print disc label'!!!!!!  And - off you go.

You can customise your images, design and text as YOU want them - not as those dreadful templates dictate!

But ..... the Quick Menu has just decided not to work so I am looking for answers in another forum now!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

HA!  so funny because now my Image Garden stopped working.  Won't load a new template for a disk.

I found out a few things since writing my question.  When you go to new item then disk, yes it shows 3 samples.  But behind those which I can see but not load are quite a few variations of those 3 samples.

But as yet I can't get them to work together.

I'm not really a Photoshop guy; I prefer the old Paint Shop Pro from when Jasc made it before selling it to Corel.  That's the only reason I still keep an old PC here with XP" Pro.  Right now I"m trying to learn Pixelmator on the Mac and so far it doesn't seem too bad.

But I just went to Mavericks and am having some minor problems to iron out.

Thanks

Allen

New Contributor

any ideas i can add templates to my image garden

Highlighted
New Contributor

Lovely printer .... so user unfriendly.  And takes an age to get ready to print every time.

I am very experienced but ..... I cannot edit the text boxes as all the YouTube etc. guides say ... the 'edit text' box is simply not available.  Yes, I can edit the text within the boxes but cannot edit the box size, position etc.

It took me a day to figure out how to put images into disc projects ... bu no way to adjust text .... simply a statement that says text edit may not be available in certain templates .... weird?

Please help .... I am simply wasting valuabletime.

Dec.