cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware 2.020 Release Notes

whosoever
Contributor
Does anyone have the location of the release notes for the new firmware update? I’m curious if Specter/Meltdown/KRACK vulnerabilities have been patched.
9 REPLIES 9

Tiffany

Hi Whosoever,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model product you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

Yes, I using the TS9020.  It appears Firmware 2.030 is also now available for download so if you can provide the location of it's release notes as well, I'd appreciate it.

I need to know if the KRACK wpa vulnerability is patched in this model or not.

Hi, whosoever!

At this time, there are no firmware updates for the PIXMA TS9020 on the Canon USA web site. You can read our official statement regarding fax vulnerabilities right HERE.

We hope this helps!

Can I get the release notes for the 2.020 firmware which I have already applied back in February?  This will help me know what/if any vulnerabilites were patched with it.

Also, my TS9020 IS prompting me for the 2.030 firmware update so can I get the release notes for it as well?

The fax vulnerabilites you referenced don't appear to apply to me or my model.  I was more curious about the WPA2 "KRACK" vulnerability that many vendors have already patched against, but I haven't confirmed Canon has for my model.

https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/228519

CVE's involved:

CVE-2017-13077, CVE-2017-13078, CVE-2017-13079, CVE-2017-13080, CVE-2017-13081, CVE-2017-13082, CVE-2017-13084, CVE-2017-13086, CVE-2017-13087, CVE-2017-13088

Bueller?... Bueller??

I was able to successfully update to the 2.030 firmware on my PIXMA TS9020 printer.  Can I be be pointed to or provided the release notes so I can validate whether the printer is patched or still vulnerable to the WPA2 KRACK vulnerabilities?  Thank you!

2.040 has been released now.  Where can I find the release notes for 2.040, as well as 2.030 and 2.020 for the TS9020?  Thank you!

AnneWratten
Apprentice

After downloading firmware update printer no longer prints...help!

Hello, AnneWratten!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country/region. 

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements