Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files

I have been burned once and trying to avoid it happening a second time....

My computer hard drive became corrupt and I had it replaced.  I faithfully backed up my data files - but not able to do so for the disc label files I created in Canon's My Image Garden application.   As best I can tell, the application does not have a preference option to set or change the file location for my custom labels.  Now that I have reinstalled the printer software (including My Image Garden software) I would like to include these files in my backups.   Please advise.  

Product Expert

Re: Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files

Hello.

The only options that appear to be available as far as files are concerned are the locations for temporary files and for where scanned images can be saved to.  You may not be able to export other data from the program.

For additional assistance, contact our support group using the Contact Us link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, Michael.    Maybe there is a legitimate reason - but from a user perspective this is pitiful software design...and demonstrates that Canon doesn't meet the standard that I was used to with the Epson EasyCD application.

New Contributor

For what it's worth I agree with you that we should be able to determine where those files are stored. I also was an Epson user, but my old Epson finally kicked the bucket and I bought a Canon. The Epson software was definitely superior, although this Canon is way faster than the Epson.

Anyway... I'm surprised however that the Canon expert wasn't much more helpful. The files you are looking for (at least in Windows 7, if you're using another operating system they'll be somewhere similar) are in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\AppData\Roaming\Canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\work

Here you'll find a bunch of randomly numbered directories that store the info you want (along with what seems to me to be a bunch of unnecessary info). So if you back up the work directory you should have what you need.

Hope this helps. --ds

New Contributor

Thanks for the info, DS.  I am using Windows 10 where I believe the corresponding location would be:

C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming...

I'm not able to find any folders under "Roaming" other than "Microsoft".