cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000f Error Code: 2, 190, 0 on Windows 10. My scanner worked perfectly on Windows 7

hhr
Apprentice

My Canoscan 900F worked perfectly until Windows 10 was updated automatically now I cannot get the scanner to work I constantly get the error 2, 190,0 error that "the protective sheet is attached". The previous version that everything worked was Windows 7.

everything is the same from the time it worked to now, except my OS version. Any ideas? I had to do a bunch of stuff to get things working for other apps but I am not sure what I need for the scanner. any help is appreciated.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hhr,

Please try uninstalling your CanoScan 9000F and then reinstalling it using the latest driver available from Canon's web site.  To uninstall your CanoScan 9000F, please have the scanner connected to the computer and then follow these steps:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and the left click on Device Manager.

2.  Under Imaging Devices, right click the CanoScan 9000F and left click on Uninstall.

3.  Place a checkmark next to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4.  Click OK.  Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.

5.  Once uninstalled, please disconnect the USB cable from the CanoScan 9000F.

6.  Restart your computer.

When your computer restarts, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type CanoScan 9000F in the "Enter a Model Name" box.

3.  In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click on "Drivers".

4.  Click the Select button next to the 9000F Scanner Driver.

5.  If you agree, please select the check box next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  If a Save As box appears, click Save. 

8.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9.  Double click [sd68-win-9000f-16_0_5-ej.exe].  Files will extract.

10.  Follow the prompts, connect the USB cable from your CanoScan 9000F to your computer and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements