Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canoscan 9000F MKII Autoscan button not working

Hi,

Couple of days ago I bought a new Canoscan 9000F MKII. My OS is Windows 10 Pro. After set up, I started scanning and the auto button scanned the photo, and thereafter the My Image Garden popped up. So far so good. But this morning the auto scan button just didn't do anything.

Why, and how to resolve the problem?

Thanks and regards,

Danker

Product Expert

Re: Canoscan 9000F MKII Autoscan button not working

Hi Danker,

Let's test the hardware by initiating a scan from the computer.

1. Press the Windows Search button in the lower left of your screen.

2. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box.

3. Open IJ Scan Utility.

4. Place your original.

5. Press the "ScanGear" button.

6. Press "Preview."

7. If you are happy with the image, press "Scan" to complete the operation.

Are you able to acquire an image?

New Contributor

Hello Bill,

All 7 steps done, and I was able to get an image. Isn't this what in fact thr autoscan button should do (but doesn't)?

Product Expert

Hi Danker,

If you press one of the PDF buttons on your scanner, are you able to scan?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Hi Patrick,

No, none of the buttons work, except that it triggers the foloowing as in screenshot. Pressing OK for any of the options doesn't do a thing

Capture.JPG

Product Expert

Hi Danker,

From that screenshot, it looks like there are at least two imaging programs installed on the computer.  When the Auto button on the scanner is pressed, the computer recognizes that a button has been pressed but needs further direction what to do with it.  This doesn't happen when scanning from the computer, because the appropriate program is already open.  Re-installing the drivers may associate the button-press with the correct program.

1. Click HERE.

2. Scroll down to "Optional Drivers."

3. Click “Select” next to "9000F Mark II Scanner Driver Ver. 1.01."

4. Press "Download."

5. Open and run the file.

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Bill,

OK. Did what you suggested. Driver installed. Didn't make a difference.

I then uninstalled the program, cleaned up the registry, rebooted and reinstalled it. Now the autobuttons work again, but for how long? After I first purcfhased the scanner and installed the program, the auto buttons worked, then at a sudden not anymore.

This time I didn't install the image garden (I have 2 other Canon printers, Canon MG 4200 as my main printer and Canon 3600 for office use - the MG 3600 also came with image garden, an utility I never use.

The other photo software I have is ACDSEE ultimate 2018 (you see that in the screenshot I attached).

For now, all is fine again. We'll have to see whether or not the autro buttons stop working at some timed in the future.

Best,

Danker

Product Expert

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with the buttons, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.