Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Scanner LiDE 210, error 5,202,54

My scanner, which has worked perfectly fine up until now, now comes up with the error Code 5,202,54 'Internal error occurred, scanner driver will now close'. I am running a windows 8 system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver/MP Navigator a number of times but the error continues to appear. Does anyone have any tips? 

New Contributor

Re: Canon Scanner LiDE 210, error 5,202,54

Many similar issue reported on various forums/threads. Looks like everybody running W8 or W10 is facing the same issue which Canon doesn't care about.
Recommendation is to bring the device back to the dealer in case you missed those forums before you buy.
I personally replaced this Canon crap with a HP ScanJet 300 which took me 10mn installtion time and works like a charm since then
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Canon Scanner LiDE 210, error 5,202,54

What worked for me - and I am AMAZED this worked - is replacing the cable which connects the printer to my laptop with a NEW, SHORTER CABLE (3 FOOT). Someone recommended this on another site and I thought, you've got to be kidding. I'd previously tried every other end-around, e.g. downloading new drivers, turning the computer off and on, etc., and some of these methods succeeded at first, but then, out of nowhere the dreaded "hang" would return. My old, original cable was 5 or 6 foot, and a user noted that power can diminish over a longer connection. Also, my older cable had one of those cylindrical "bulges" in the middle of it (sorry, I don't know the term for this) which would cause the cable to hang in a U-shape unless the entire cable were laid on a flat surface (not possible in my setup); my new, shorter cable has this "bulge" also, but I wonder if the U-shape bend might affect power transmission on a longer wire. Please note, just to drive me crazy, the first time I tried a 3 foot cable there was NO improvement. I then tried another 3 foot cable - one I had lying around - and it DOES work. I can't explain this, unless there are subltle difference between manufacturers? The cable which did not work came from "Amazon Basics," though it works fine when connecting other peripherals, like my external drive. The required cable type is "USB Male to Mini B." I don't know if specifiying "USB 2" or "USB 3" makes a difference; the cable that does not work is labeled "USB 2," the cable that does work is not labeled. I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus laptop made in 2013. I hope this helps!