Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon LiDE 120 Error message: "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:"

Just installed my LIDE 120 today, same problem on OSX El Capitan.  Looks like Canon is not doing anything about it, if I read this thread. I am going to try and return it to the supplier.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon LiDE 120 Error message: "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:"

Driver v1.02 is posted.

History:

[Ver.1.02]
- The scan error in the certain PC has been rectified.

Maybe this will fix the scanning errorfor good.

Occasional Contributor

Whoa! 5 consecutively successful scanning with the newest driver on W10 x64! Just the other day, I couldn't not get it to scan one picture! Thank you!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that this thread problem is fixed now, Win10 usb2&usb3, with newest Canoscan Lide -driver of 13 April, version 17.0.5 , so install it from Canon Support site and scanning works.

New Contributor

Well i guess i bought the scanner not knowing the problem so i will share it with my facebook friend :-(

This sux soz

Occasional Contributor

Problem is confirmed by a few users to be fixed with the latest drivers. I confirmed that it's working fine after the update as well.
New Contributor

Mine still not working after laste update and running in a usb 2.0 working maby every 10-15 time 1 time then the same stops at 10-15 % and error

Occasional Contributor

Are you running W10 x64? That's the OS I have and I am also using USB 2.0. I went through the same pain of trying and timing out or getting an error until the latest update. I haven't scanned more than 10 times since the last update, so I don't know if I was just getting lucky or not.
New Contributor

Same os  :-( same old problem 

Occasional Contributor

Oh boy... Thanks for the info.