cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDE 120 Error message: "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:"

SimplyTev
Contributor

ccws.tif

I've tried troubleshooting multiple times:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

- Returned and bought same model scanner

- Tried different drivers

- Tried different USB ports

My computer build is:

Intel i7 4770k

16GB 1866MHz RAM 

Asus Maximus Impact VI

nVidia GTX 780

Corsair RM550

Windows 8.1 64bit 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone else get this? It's making me quite livid just trouble shooting it. I've read a lot of reviews on this on Amazon and other websites that says that this is plug and play for the most part. What am I doing wrong??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

75 REPLIES 75

What driver version is the one from drivermax?

zorbeck
Apprentice

What is weird is that I have exactly the same problem on Windows 10....

I installed, de-instralled, rebooted, re-installed with Canon offical website provided dirvers and with always the same result as if the cable was broken...

But the weiderst of all is that I purchased the LiDE 120 because my "old"MP620 network printer/scanner (also Canon) was labelled incompatible with Windows 10 (it worked perfectly well under Windows 7). This one, the LiDE 120 is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10, isnít ?

FinnFellow
Apprentice

I can confirm that this thread problem is fixed now, Win10 usb2&usb3, with newest Canoscan Lide -driver of 13 April, version 17.0.5 , so install it from Canon Support site and scanning works.

ReneDenmark
Apprentice

Well i guess i bought the scanner not knowing the problem so i will share it with my facebook friend 😞

This sux soz

digirambo
Contributor
Problem is confirmed by a few users to be fixed with the latest drivers. I confirmed that it's working fine after the update as well.

Mine still not working after laste update and running in a usb 2.0 working maby every 10-15 time 1 time then the same stops at 10-15 % and error

digirambo
Contributor
Are you running W10 x64? That's the OS I have and I am also using USB 2.0. I went through the same pain of trying and timing out or getting an error until the latest update. I haven't scanned more than 10 times since the last update, so I don't know if I was just getting lucky or not.

Same os  😞 same old problem 

So with what OS doesn't work? What type of computer? 

Have you really downloaded latest software and drivers from Canon Support site? 

Install first the latest software (of  autumn 2015) and then last the just released new scanner driver of 13 April 2016. 

(before installingn scanner driver un-connect scanner usb-cable, then start scanner driver installation and when it asks to connect scanner, connect it with usb-cable, so that computer with new scanner driver recognizes scanner right). 

Tryed the new scanner driver and still no luck 😞

Announcements