cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LIDE 700f issue

neisg1
Apprentice

Canon lide 700f does not always return to home position after a scan it seems to be an intermittent problem. Have reloaded updated software and drivers. Also tried it on my old win xp and my new win 10 computer with same results.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner.

2.  Toggle the lock switch back and forth about a dozen times alternating.

3.  Leave the switch in the unlocked position.

4.  Reconnect the USB cable.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the unit.

Please ensure that the unit is connected directly to one of the USB ports on your computer itself.  Do not connect the scanner to any external monitors, keyboards, hubs or other extension devices.

If the issue persists, toubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the info. but it seems to be working properly again. I scanned about 100 pages and it most of the time it would not return home until you called for another scan. However, I have now done 5-600 pages and it is working properly. Prior to this it had not been used much for several months. If it acts up again I will try your fix.

Gord

Announcements