Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

CanoScan LiDE 25 driver for Windows 10

It appears that there is no Windows 10 driver for the CanoScan LiDE 25, possibly no Windows 8 driver either.

The Windows 7 driver and CanoScan software I have used for years will not work with Windows 10.

Why is there no Windows 10 driver? I think it would take very little work to code one.

Is it that Canon would prefer taking a chance that people will buy a Windows 10 compatible replacement scanner from them, and not another brand?

Has anyone at Canon evaluated costs and benefits for abandoning driver support for customers that have switched from Windows 7 to a later Windows version?

Does it bother anyone at Canon that perfectly good hardware may be sent to landfills, loyal customers will be lost, etc.?

New Contributor

Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 driver for Windows 10

I reinstalled the driver and application from the Canon support site under Windows 10 and it worked fine.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gino3589 - This did not work for me. 
Canon support has already told me I'm SOL. The best they offered is a few dollars' discount on another scanner.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I found the solution.
I used the most recent driver from Canon, the Windows 7 driver, then followed this procedure:
[Removed link that promotes 3rd party product for sale per Forum Guidelines]