cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 8600F and Windows 10

AndersH
Apprentice

Since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I have not been able to use my 8600F scanner. As advised, I did the following:

1. Uninstalled the CanoScan 8600F Driver by using Start, Settings, Apps & Features.
  2. Clicked on CanoScan 8600F
  3. Clicked on Uninstall and followed instructions.
  4. From Canon website CanoScan 8600F Drivers & Downloads I downloaded the driver for Windows 7 (x64), file 8600Ffvst641213ea15.exe and installed it by following the instructions.

Unfortunately, the scanner still is not working.

Using Start, Settings, Devices, Printer & scanners, CanoScan, Manage Open Scanner, Preview (or Scan), it makes the scan, but the image is black.

Using Photoshop Elements 15, the scanner is recognized as "WIA CanoScan 8600F" but the scanned image is black.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me detailed advice how to make my CanoScan 8600F work with my Windows 10, version 1709.

Thank you very much,

Anders

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The 8600F does not appear to be compatible with Windows 10.  For more details about this, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I must beg to differ, I've been running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit since May 2015 and the 8600F works fine, I still have the original install disc marked 2007, in fact I just upgraded my computer to a Rayzen7 1800 CPU with an asrock X370 motherboard and re-installed all my Software. I only install Canon Toolbox 5 and Presto! PageManager 7.15, I only use it for scanning.

I even have  a 2000  version of Quickbooks 8.1 running fine.

Hi worcom1,

The CanoScan 8600F is not supported with Windows 10.  Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.  You can try using the older drivers, but please note that this is not supported and would be performed at your own risk.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements