cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON LIDE 120 SCANNER SPLITS ONE PAGE INTO TWO/THREE IMAGES

bleakwinter
Apprentice

I'm trying to scan a few documents as pictures with my Canoscan Lide 120 and it's scanning my document in sections. For example, instead of scanning the entire document as one photo, my document gets split into two or three different pictures and some part of the whole page is not scanned. Sometimes it scans only a part like- any one third of the whole page. I am very upset. Please help. Anyone know how to fix this? From the IJ SCAN UTILITY I click PHOTO in order to scan. My operating system is Windows 10.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

namehere
Apprentice

Yes, obvious bug. I have the exact same problem. I don't know why the geniuses at Canon could not understand your clearly written question.

The basic problem is that it is much more interesting for a developer to create a cute, sometimes cool feature like this, than it is for someone to write a dull, boring, settings option to turn the feature off. So they create the feature and don't bother to think that it may be a huge hassle for most people and nobody feels like writing the code to allow it to be turned off.

It is by far the most annoying thing with my multiple canoscan scanners. I can sometimes work around it by turning the image sideways. And almost always can fool the program by rotating to an angle that is neither zero nor 90 degrees. The scan comes out at that weird angle too, but compared to the option, it is really great.

BTW, the other horrible thing with all my Canoscan scanners is how every time there is a Windows Update, it is like playing Russian Roulette with your scanner. You never know what will work on the other side of the update, or if it will work at all.

Announcements