04-08-2018 06:04 PM - edited 04-08-2018 06:12 PM
My Canon Lide 120 scanner produces sharp and high quality images. The problem is, the background is dark, gray-ish. I didn't change the settings or anything. In fact, I scanned an image a few hours before the problem and it worked just fine. This only happened now.
I hope somebody can help me, I use my scanner on a daily basis. Thank you in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-18-2018 12:52 PM
Performing a few calibrations may resolve this issue. To perform a calibration with your CanoScan LiDE 120, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Windows Start button, Canon Utilities and then IJ Scan Utility to open the program.
2. Click the Scangear button.
3. Click the Advanced Mode at the top of the right hand side.
4. Click on the Preferences button on the bottom of the right hand side.
5. Next to Platen Calibration, please click the Execute button.
Perform 3 or 4 calibrations and then attempt to scan.
*** Mac OS X ***
1. From the Go menu of Finder, please open the Applications folder.
2. Click on the Canon Utilities folder and then open the IJ Scan Utility.
3. Click the Scangear button of the IJ Scan Utility.
4. Click the Advanced Mode at the top of the right hand side.
5. Click on the Preferences button on the bottom of the right hand side.
6. Next to Platen Calibration, please click the Execute button.
With nothing on the scan glass of your CanoScan LiDE 120, perform 3 or 4 calibrations.
Once complete, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: