cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Canon Image Gateway photo hosting site in the USA is in Japanese instead of English.

secondlevel
Enthusiast

I use the Canon Image Gateway site to share photos with family.  My issue is the for some time now the site has been in Japanese.  I am afrad to click on anything because I don't want to accidenty delete any photos.  Even the app for my iPhone is now in Japanese. 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We appreciate the screenshot!  Now that we know what you're seeing, we can point the way.  Click the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen and then click the second option within it.  This one allows you to change the site's language.  Click on "English" and everything should change over.

Give it a try and let us know if you still need help!

View solution in original post

That was the answer.  Now everything is back to English.  I also have one more question.  I accidently logged into the Canada site and now when I log in I get the option for the USA or Canada.  How do I remove the Canada option?

Glad the language got fixed!  As for the country question, click the same dropdown menu where you found the language option and choose the option marked "Edit Profile."  Go through the screens there and you should find an option to specify which country you're in.

Have a great day!

The site you're reaching CANON iMAGE GATEWAY from will affect your account.  If at some point you logged into CANON iMAGE GATEWAY by way of the web site for Canon Canada, two separate image accounts will be tied to the same login.  You'll then have two image libraries you can upload to and share from, those being one tagged to the United States and the other to Canada.

Simply clicking "United States" each time will let you move forward.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, secondlevel!

Thanks for sharing this with us.  We've checked the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY site on multiple browsers and devices and it's consistently coming up in English for us.  Try clearing your browser cache and then clicking HERE to reach the site.

Please let us know if you're still having trouble.

I followed your instructions.  I have multiple computers and tried them all. This is what I am seeing:

Canon Gateway.jpg

We appreciate the screenshot!  Now that we know what you're seeing, we can point the way.  Click the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen and then click the second option within it.  This one allows you to change the site's language.  Click on "English" and everything should change over.

Give it a try and let us know if you still need help!

That was the answer.  Now everything is back to English.  I also have one more question.  I accidently logged into the Canada site and now when I log in I get the option for the USA or Canada.  How do I remove the Canada option?

Glad the language got fixed!  As for the country question, click the same dropdown menu where you found the language option and choose the option marked "Edit Profile."  Go through the screens there and you should find an option to specify which country you're in.

Have a great day!

Thank you for all your help.  However, I followed you steps but I still get this screen when I logg in:

login screen.jpg

The site you're reaching CANON iMAGE GATEWAY from will affect your account.  If at some point you logged into CANON iMAGE GATEWAY by way of the web site for Canon Canada, two separate image accounts will be tied to the same login.  You'll then have two image libraries you can upload to and share from, those being one tagged to the United States and the other to Canada.

Simply clicking "United States" each time will let you move forward.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

@secondlevel wrote:

I followed your instructions.  I have multiple computers and tried them all. This is what I am seeing:

Canon Gateway.jpg

I would advise running a full virus scan. 

In fact, assuming that you have up-to-date virus software, it may have been compromised and needs to be re-installed.  Consult your virus software vendor to check the integrity of your virus and web protection software.

[EDIT]  Also, many web sites and web browsers can automatically translate the web site content into any one of several languages.  Check those settings in your web browser, too.  If this were the case however, you would see this on more than one web site.  Check other sites that serve more than just English speaking customers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Please. Does anypone know what website was used for photo storage or overflow for very large tiff's with the new powershot 80 and a demo offer for image storage on the web for 10 or 15r years - floods, moving, damaged pcs theft sabotage - i am trying to get a backup of my old photos starting in sZAy 2005 or so.

Maria

Announcements