cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: ***URGENT REQUEST*** FALSE PAPER JAM

Onedawn45
Apprentice

Hello All,

I have a Canon 4890dw that is giving a false paper jam. I have gone thru all of the promps for removing the paper jam, including emptying the paper tray. It will print, but I can not scan or fax. And the error message will not go, so I can't go to the main menu or push any other button, except the power button. I even unplugged it...PLEASE help?

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi Onedawn45,

I realize you have checked for jams but need to confirm you have performed all the steps when you click HERE as well?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI                 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

NHA12
Apprentice

I had a tech in today for this very same reason, I have an canon imagerunner ir7055, anyhow, he found no paper, however, the sensor was tipped up in the machine, and was causing a false reading, he litterally opened the middle of the printer flipped the sensor tube down and it was gone in 2 minutes.  (spent way to much...

Announcements