cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on rejected post

MichaelBender
Contributor

Hi, can you help me understand why my post (below) keeps getting rejected?

---- post in Printers -> Office Printers -> Canon MF632Cdw shows as Offline after a few hours - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ----

I have been having the same issues with my Canon MF733C and my Canon 6230. There is an ongoing thread in the Apple discussion forums: macOS High Sierra drops printer connection and the workaround is to configure your printer/scanner with a fixed IP address and use that fixed IP address with the LPD protocol for printing and configure the Canon scan utility with that fixed IP address for scanning. This works, but requires a lot of things to get correct (such as making sure your router doesn't hand out a duplicate DHCP address to something other than your printer).

I've done some mDNS tracking (described in the Apple discussions thread) which seems to point to High Sierra dropping Bonjour devices much more quickly than Sierra or previous OS X releases did. This could also be a Canon printer firmware bug in that the printer might need to broadcast it's existance more frequently than it does, and so High Sierra might have tightened up the amount of time it is willing to wait for a device heartbeat before deciding the device is gone.

---- end of rejected post ----

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, MichaelBender!

Thanks for calling this to our attention.  We're not exactly sure why, but your posts were mistakenly flagged by our forum's spam filter.  We're restoring your posts now, though we might eliminate duplicated posts.

Thanks for participating in the Canon Community Forum!

LeiseK
Apprentice

Can someone tell me how I can post a question please???

Hi, LeiseK!

To start a new thread in our forum, choose the message board that corresponds to the product you're asking about and then click the "NEW MESSAGE" button up at the top.  You can get started HERE.

We hope this helps!

Announcements