Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Scam Email

pluckyswan
Apprentice

Hi,

I received an email with a Word document attached from:

CUSA_Social [at] cusa [dot] canon [dot] com

When I searched online, the only result was a post in this discussion form that was edited on November 6th. Is it scam? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, pluckyswan!  We appreciate your concern and we can confirm that that is indeed a legitimate email address from Canon USA.  Internally, we often abbreviate our business division as "CUSA" which is why that appears multiple times in the address.  In fact, I just checked our sent mail folder for that address and I see an email that went out to the address you used for your forum account.  This one's the real deal!

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The URL looks fishy to me.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

normadel
Authority
Authority

Scam of some kind. You didn't open the attachment, did you?

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, pluckyswan!  We appreciate your concern and we can confirm that that is indeed a legitimate email address from Canon USA.  Internally, we often abbreviate our business division as "CUSA" which is why that appears multiple times in the address.  In fact, I just checked our sent mail folder for that address and I see an email that went out to the address you used for your forum account.  This one's the real deal!

Hope this helps!

Announcements