cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P23-DH V Calculator does not stay turned on

mcalister7353
Apprentice

I have two new P23-DH V calculators and it is frustrating that the calculator turns off after a few minutes. Is this a setting that can be changed or just something to live with? I purchased two at the same time and both do this so I know it isn't a problem with the calculator. I don't see anything in the manual about it - and I don't recall seeing anything on the specs about it. Has anyone else run across this or am I the lucky one?

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello mcalister7353,

When the P23-DH V calculator's power is turned "ON" and the calculator is not being used for approximately 7 minutes, the calculator will switch off automatically.  See "Automatic Power-off" under "Specifications" in the Instructions.  Click HERE to view a PDF version of the Instructions for your P23-DH V.  When you are not actively using your P23-DH V calculator, pressing the CE/C button every 5 to 6 minutes will prevent the unit from turning off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is the worst feature ever for a calculator that is plugged into a power source.  I can understand this feature when calculator is being used in battery mode.

I will be returning it, as I can't be turning it on and off all day.

Announcements