Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

P23-DH V Calculator does not stay turned on

I have two new P23-DH V calculators and it is frustrating that the calculator turns off after a few minutes. Is this a setting that can be changed or just something to live with? I purchased two at the same time and both do this so I know it isn't a problem with the calculator. I don't see anything in the manual about it - and I don't recall seeing anything on the specs about it. Has anyone else run across this or am I the lucky one?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: P23-DH V Calculator does not stay turned on

Hello mcalister7353,

When the P23-DH V calculator's power is turned "ON" and the calculator is not being used for approximately 7 minutes, the calculator will switch off automatically.  See "Automatic Power-off" under "Specifications" in the Instructions.  Click HERE to view a PDF version of the Instructions for your P23-DH V.  When you are not actively using your P23-DH V calculator, pressing the CE/C button every 5 to 6 minutes will prevent the unit from turning off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.