cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My post disappeared.

Zews
Contributor

I just posted a very long reply in a specific topic "Please make MP Navigator EX work with MX922", with many images to show that there is a very worthy replacement for the MP Navigator EX, and it works beautifully.

I just wanted to check it and edit it a bit and it seems to have disappeared. I am not going to post the whole thing again, I spent about an hour on it.

I am angry that my very long post explaining exactly what I did to get this seems to have disappeared. Below my name, New Contributor and Avatar image on the left is does say Posts: 2. But I cannot see my first post anymore. I am so angry about this. I thought this could really help a bunch of people.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It this it?

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Please-make-MP-Navigator-EX-work-wit...

???

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes it is.

It reappeared a short while later. As it turns out, it had been removed, because I had a third party link in it. After the link had been edited out, the post was placed back in the thread. 

I am trying to help someone with a printer / Bonjour issue on High Sierra. There is a very active disucsison of just this very topic going on in the Apple discussion forums. My reply to the OP includes a link tot he discussion, and my posts keep disappearing within minutes of me posting them. The Forum Guidelines state: Sometimes the greatest resource we have is each other yet it seems that Canon does not allow links like this. I really would like to help other Canon customers but I am not willing to be firewalled into a walled garden and not able to provide links to very helpful resources. I am happy to participate in thbis forum in read-only mode and glean what k nowledge I find here for rmy own use, but not share any solutions that I find on other websites.

MichaelBender
Contributor

Hi, can you help me understand why my post (below) keeps getting rejected? I removed the link to the Apple Community Discussion Forum Post that I refer to:

---- post in Printers -> Office Printers -> Canon MF632Cdw shows as Offline after a few hours - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 ----

I have been having the same issues with my Canon MF733C and my Canon 6230. There is an ongoing thread in the Apple discussion forums: macOS High Sierra drops printer connection (link to evil Apple Community Forums Post removed) and the workaround is to configure your printer/scanner with a fixed IP address and use that fixed IP address with the LPD protocol for printing and configure the Canon scan utility with that fixed IP address for scanning. This works, but requires a lot of things to get correct (such as making sure your router doesn't hand out a duplicate DHCP address to something other than your printer).

I've done some mDNS tracking (described in the Apple discussions thread) which seems to point to High Sierra dropping Bonjour devices much more quickly than Sierra or previous OS X releases did. This could also be a Canon printer firmware bug in that the printer might need to broadcast it's existance more frequently than it does, and so High Sierra might have tightened up the amount of time it is willing to wait for a device heartbeat before deciding the device is gone.

---- end of rejected post ----

Announcements