cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iMac is not seeing my canon any longer.

fallier44
Apprentice

My imac is not seeing my canon any longer.  I charged the battery and I'm using the right cord (it's labeled)  any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi, fallier44!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the name of the product you have, as well as which specific version of the Mac OS you are running. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

It is a: OS X EL Capitan

Version 10.11.6 imac   3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Thanks!  We still need to know which Canon product you're using.  Let us know which model you've got and the community will be able to help you!

I also have this problem. 

I just bought a new Rebel T6i

I have a newer iMac running High Sierra

I thought they should be compatible. I downloaded the latest EOS utility as I don't even have a disk reader. I connected with my computer with the sent cable. I ran the utility but its like the computer cannot even see a camera.

I downloaded the iPhone app, Camara Connect and was able to download them to my iPhone. But then I have to individually upload them from my phone to my computer. But this is time comsuming as well and takes up room on my phone if I transfer high def images,which is always, and I am not confident in the image data retention with being transfered an extra step.

I will have to take back this camera if there is  no way to directly transfer from camera to computer. It makes it useless to me.

Hi vgoertz! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

For any Canon model that supports WiFi...

You can EITHER have the WiFi interface enabled... or the USB interface.  You cannot enable both at the same time.

The camera does have a menu to enable/disable WiFi.  If you enble WiFi, the camera disables USB.  When you disable WiFi, the camera enables USB.

If you are able to connect to the camera using the phone app... then by definition you have enabled WiFi (becuase that's the only connection method available for the phone app) and that means USB is disabled.

To connect to the comptuer via USB, go into the camera menu and disable WiFi.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements