cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5350 Part ID

mhcoghlan
Apprentice

Following a B200 Error message, when I turned on my printer, I followed up with a thorough inspection of the print head area. I discovered a loose red plastic clip lying between the carriage and it's right hand docking point. I removed it, but despite following all the prescribed restart procedures ( remove and re insert ink cartriges & head, turn off power for 15mins)

the B200 Error notice, still reappeared. I cannot see how to place an image of the loose part within this document. It is currently in jpeg format, in order to tell if it 's detatchment is why the error persists. Any help appreciated MC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mhcoghlan
Apprentice

Problem solved by turning the printer on, with the top open, to view the print head. Once it had finished it's preliminary purge, closing the top as the head was traversing from right to left, before it reaches the full left traverse. I had to close the cover of the printer. & try to print. I tried this 3 times & unplug it 3 times, Finally with the printer unpluged  & the cover open, I pushed the head to the centre of the carriage rail. I then plugged the printer back in and closing the top as the head was traversing from right to left, before it reached the full left traverse. The printer then fully rebooted, with a complete purge of the print head, before it stopped the B200 error code & printed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mhcoghlan
Apprentice

Problem solved by turning the printer on, with the top open, to view the print head. Once it had finished it's preliminary purge, closing the top as the head was traversing from right to left, before it reaches the full left traverse. I had to close the cover of the printer. & try to print. I tried this 3 times & unplug it 3 times, Finally with the printer unpluged  & the cover open, I pushed the head to the centre of the carriage rail. I then plugged the printer back in and closing the top as the head was traversing from right to left, before it reached the full left traverse. The printer then fully rebooted, with a complete purge of the print head, before it stopped the B200 error code & printed.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements