cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having problems with the Canon Online Store?

Calen
Contributor

In the last month or so, I've had one problem after another with the Canon Online Store; from being unable to delete items from the shopping cart; to not being able to add "in stock" items; disappearing Wish Lists; and just now, I tried to add one lens cap to the 6 or 7 items I already had in the Shopping Cart, and they disappeared.

I've called, more than once, and I've written, also more than once, to Canon Support about this, but they ignore what I tell them, and tell me there are no problems with the Online Store.  They don't even seem to report to anyone that anyone has complained, because each time is "the first time", even though I've called (more than once) and written (more than once) to them about continuing Online Stores problems.

Is anyone else having problems with the Canon Online Store?

Why does Canon not care to track reported problems with the storefront part of their web-site? 

I'm not trying to insult Canon, it's just that I've been a Canon customer for less than 3 months, and the're only batting .333, so far.  Canon Support was very quick to respond about a concern I had that a 50mm f/1.4 I had just purchased was authentic or not.  In trying to register that lens, I looked up on the Canon web site where to find the serial number.  Since my new lens did not have any numbers there, I was concerned I had been sold a fake.  But, then Canon Support sent me link to a different online document that showed a few different places where it might be, and there it was. 

Is Canon like that with other problems, as well?  Or is their "batting" average better than my very limited experience? 

I just love my Rebel T5i, and my Canon lenses (from "the Kit brothers of the Cropped Frame coral":  EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, and EF-S 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM; to the "Truly Nifty Fifty", the 50mm f/1.4 USM, [the f/1.8 is just a "thrifty fifty"], and finally, the "Super-Macro" MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1x-5x Macro)! 

Regards and Thanks,

Calen

As an old friend used to always say,
"Keep Looking Up!"

Calen
2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Calen!

Thanks for letting us know your concerns.  Some time back, we redesigned http://shop.usa.canon.com to make it a more streamlined experience, and to make it work better on both desktop and mobile platforms.  In order to ensure the best performance from the site, we recommend making sure that you're using the latest version of your preferred web browser, and if you're still encountering difficulty, we recommend that you try a different browser instead.

We also suggest that you stick to a specific platform when shopping on our site.  For instance, if you add items to your shopping cart from a mobile device, we recommend that you use that same device when you're ready to finalize your order.

If problems still persist, you're always welcome to go "old school" and give us a call.  Our award-winning US-based support team can order any item that's in stock on our site.  Our phone lines are open seven days a week from 8 AM to midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Hi Danny.  Thanks for replying.

I only use my desktop PC to access Canon's web site, and I've been using Mozilla Firefox for years.  And, yes, it is the latest version.  Since Canon REFUSES to support the use of Firefox on it's web site, WHAT BROWSER DOES CANON SUPPORT?  WHEN did Canon STOP SUPPORTING Firefox?

I've been told that there are 2 pending orders in my account.  Yet, I NEVER placed those orders!  WHY CAN'T CANON SEE THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM??? 

Instead of off-target suggestions, and pasted boilerplate REFUSALS TO EVEN LOOK at this issue, I would prefer it if Canon went "old school", and FIXED THE PROBLEM, in the first place!  But, maybe that's a bit too grown up of an answer for you! 

"Award-winning" support???   And, just exactly WHAT AWARD did Canon "support" WIN for CONSISTANTLY IGNORING REPORTED PROBLEMS???  The OSTRICH?

Please pull your head out, and FIX this problem, OR YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Thank you for your "prompt" attention to this matter!

Calen

As an old friend used to always say,
"Keep Looking Up!"

Calen
Announcements